Home - North Carolina League of Municipalities
Skip to Main Content
  • North Carolina State Map
    St. James
    NC
    St James was incorporated in 1999, along the southeast coast of North Carolina.
  • North Carolina State Map
    Kings Mountain
    NC
    Kings Mountain takes its name from the Revolutionary battle fought five miles south, thus bringing meaning to the town’s motto, "The Historical City." This battle was very important in early American history, being proclaimed "the turning point."
  • North Carolina State Map
    Scotland Neck
    NC
    In 1722, a colony of Scotch Highlanders led by Lord Nairn settled in the "neck" of the Roanoke River. The name Scotland Neck first described the small communities that clustered around this original settlement.
  • North Carolina State Map
    Mint Hill
    NC
    Incorporated March 11, 1971 with a population of 2,284, the town has enjoyed a steady growth to its current population of more than 20,000.
  • North Carolina State Map
    Kannapolis
    NC
    Kannapolis is home to the NC Research Campus, a $1.5 billion life sciences hub that is home to eight universities.
  • North Carolina State Map
    Lenoir
    NC
    Baseball great Rube Walker, born in Lenoir in 1926, was the Brooklyn Dodger catcher behind the plate when Bobby Thomson hit “The Shot Heard Round the World” in 1951.
  • North Carolina State Map
    New Bern
    NC
    In 1893, New Bern drug store owner Caleb Bradham invented “Brad’s Drink,” a blend of carbonated water, sugar, pepsin, kola nut extract, vanilla and “rare oils.” On August 28, 1898, Caleb renamed his drink “Pepsi-Cola."
  • North Carolina State Map
    Bladenboro
    NC
    BeastFest honors the mysterious (and never captured) vampire-like Beast of Bladenboro (or "BOB") that terrorized the community in the 1950s.
  • North Carolina State Map
    Biscoe
    NC
    Just three miles south of the geographic center of the state.
  • North Carolina State Map
    Summerfield
    NC
    Brittain Store, now the Summerfield Town Hall, was built in the 1870s by George J. Smith. William Parrish donated it to the town and it was restored in the 1990s.

Events Calendar

Legislative Information

League LINC

League LINC is your link to the League’s legislative advocacy efforts. Click the logo above to find out more and to set up and access your personal League LINC account.