Who: All current and prospective users of the N.C. Local Government Debt Setoff Clearinghouse
What: 2011 Training Workshops
When: September 13 – 22, 2011
Where: Six locations across the state.
1. Hendersonville (Tuesday, September 13)
2. Hickory (Wednesday, September 14)
3. Albemarle (Thursday, September 15)
4. Raleigh (Tuesday, September 20)
5. Wallace (Wednesday, September 21)
6. Washington (Thursday, September 22)
· 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. session is optional and mainly for those that have never attended and/or have not completed the required contractual agreements and forms. However, those new to debt setoff responsibilities or would like to hear for the first time or need a refresher.
· 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. – is required if you are attending the 10:30 session also. This session covers a variety of topics for all local governments, both new and those that attend each year.
Agenda, Handouts, Presentation Materials:
A detailed agenda and handouts are available on the training/workshop page of our website: http://www.ncsetoff.org/Training.htm
Please print your own handouts, several types and formats are available. Note: handouts will not be available at the workshops.
We will cover changes we’ve made in 2011, planned changes in late 2011 and early 2012. Preparing for the 2012 tax year, and much more…
We will be demonstrating the latest version of our new software. As of this date, 25 counties, 6 county agencies and 60 municipalities have converted. We are in the process of converting many more and have more than 75 who have requested it.
If interested and you haven’t completed your official online request go to: http://www.ncsetoff.org/SoftwareUpgradeRequest.htm
Just some of the great functions of this software we will be demonstrating:
- Set-up departments/account codes for reporting, security and for separate IVR contact information
- Define user rights – modify or view only and for specific departments like Tax, EMS, Health Dept, etc
- Mask the social security numbers in reports
- Print all reports back to the screen first before choosing whether to print
- Print notification letters, not a separate external mail merge
- Maintenance functions –
- Remove specific debtors and their debts
- Delete debts that are $0.00
- Change specific expiration and compliance dates
- ASCII and excel files from other departments/vendors/third-party administrators
- New debts
- Update debt amounts on existing debts (payment processing)
- Entire replacement of a particular department
- Online Help system
- And much more …
To attend, you MUST register online at: http://www.ncsetoff.org/2011WorkshopRegistration.htm so we can be prepared for the number of participants and their needs. Please register at least five business days prior to the workshop.
Please forward this email to others currently using debt setoff or prospective users, departments in your local government. If you have a vendor or third-party administrator they are welcome but need to attend with someone from the local government.
If you register and need to cancel or make changes for any or all registrants just send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.