The League is following the same timeline that two years ago led to the development of the 2011-12 Municipal Advocacy Goals, which have guided the League’s advocacy efforts throughout the 2011 and 2012 sessions of the General Assembly.
- January-April: Legislative & Regulatory Action Committees meet
- June-August: Membership submits proposed goals
- August-October: Legislative & Regulatory Action Committees develop & recommend proposed goals
- November: League Board of Directors approves proposed goals
- December: Goal proposals distributed to League membership
- Jan. 24, 2013: League membership debates proposed goals and approves 2013-14 Municipal Advocacy Goals at the Advocacy Goals Conference in Raleigh
Right now, your League needs your input about the issues that it should address during the 2013-14 legislative session and the proposals that it should make for changes to legislation. Proposals can be sent by elected officials and staff of member municipalities, but each proposal must indicate whether the governing body of the submitting official’s municipality has voted to approve submission of the proposal. Policy proposals should be submitted via the link below as soon as possible, but no later than August 31, 2012. This is your policy process – please give this thoughtful consideration and participate so that the League speaks for you.
Submit your legislative and regulatory goal proposals here