Who are League Members?
- Incorporated cities, towns and villages are the Voting Members of the League.
- Associate Members. Any other unit of local government, public authority or special district that has a direct and significant link to a municipality or has authorized municipal functions. (Click here for application.You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
- Individual Members. Former municipal elected or appointed officials who meet conditions set by the NCLM board of Directors.
- Honorary Members. Individuals who have rendered distinguished service to the cause of local government in North Carolina.
- Affiliate Organizations. Groups whose members are mostly municipal officials, usually professional organizations. Examples are the N.C. Association of Municipal Clerks, the N.C. Association of Municipal Attorneys and the Organization of Municipal Personnel Officers.
The membership of the League, meeting at the biennial Legislative Goals Conference (odd-numbered years), adopts the League's position on state and federal legislative issues of importance to cities and towns.
For additional information or a question regarding League membership, please e-mail Member Services with your specific request.